Discord for better communication?

Request a new command, feature, or improvement

Moderator: MSandro

MSandro

Discord for better communication?

Post by MSandro » Sep 5th, '18, 06:27

I'm not sure, but I think some of you agree that the communication in the GP community through the forum is not the best. I thought about how we could communicate better with GP users. I think that many GP users are not using the forum. The registration in the forum could also confuse some. To make the communication a bit more modern, I would recommend creating a Discord server. Discord is used by many people to communicate with people in text chat and voice chat.
I have already many experience with discord so I could create and manage the server. In addition, I would then recommend to place a link in the menu of the homepage to draw attention to it.

Calloway

Re: Discord for better communication?

Post by Calloway » Sep 8th, '18, 15:59

Why not an IRC server?
It would be a lot simpler to setup and get people to join due to anonymousity and also is a vastly more supported platform (IRC clients and web IRC clients)

Spiralo-Idioïde

Post by Spiralo-Idioïde » Mar 5th, '20, 15:27

I think it might be a good thing to do. I also prefer Discord to IRC since GP is aimed at beginners in programming (just like me). Even if I do sometimes use IRC I think there are more persons that might get interested in GP who already use Discord. Installing an IRC client and learning how IRC works is harder than sending an eMail.

Calloway

Post by Calloway » Mar 5th, '20, 23:09

I'd be open to a discord :)

MSandro

Post by MSandro » Mar 6th, '20, 08:24

Hi, I have now created an new Discord Server. Here is the link to join it: https://discord.gg/vUprKx4