Quiz Maker in GP

Post your nifty GP projects here!

Moderator: MSandro

manyone

Quiz Maker in GP

Post by manyone » Mar 18th, '20, 04:52

san francisco being in lock down mode and me in self quarantine mode (i've had this cold for 3 days), i thought it would be nice to create a quiz maker program that could be set up easily (using a simple CSV) and yet provide filtering by quiz group, instant feedback, score taking, randomized question order and shuffled choices! below is the actual csv used by the program. build it in excel (keep those column names intact!) but make sure you save it as CSV under the name quiz.csv. the column group is an arbitrary classifying field - it may be treated as subject matter, taker's name, level of difficulty, etc. The column answer1 should contain the correct answer but the program will take care of randomizing the locations of all choices at quiz taking time.
quizcsv.jpg
here are a few snapshots of the game while being played:
quizrun.jpg
below is picture of the GP blocks:
quizblks.jpg
i am enclosing the GPP program and the actual csv (saved in a zip file)
quiz.gpp
(9.43 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
quiz.zip
(840 Bytes) Downloaded 351 times
if you're running inside GP, make sure quiz.csv resides in the same folder where GP_Win.exe is found.
if/when you decide to export the program and run it as an .exe, make sure quiz.csv resides in the same folder where the executable is found, too!
i hope some of you will find this useful!

Spiralo-Idioïde

Re: Quiz Maker in GP

Post by Spiralo-Idioïde » Mar 18th, '20, 19:41

I modified the menuSelectionFromList global function to have the selection Menu always at the same place.
scriptImage.png
The only thing that needed was to replace popUpAtHand by popUp. Then we need to retrieve the position of the Class we want the menu to appear on. But we cannot just use (x Position) and (y Position) because those give us the position inside the stage and we want the position inside the window because the popUp function use those.
To do that we use those blocks :
scriptImage2.png

And here the final file :
quiz.gpp
(9.53 KiB) Downloaded 369 times

manyone

Re: Quiz Maker in GP

Post by manyone » Mar 18th, '20, 22:43

it worked like a charm! thanks a lot Spiralo-Idioïde !