Add Ok button to Colour Picker

Request a new command, feature, or improvement

Moderator: MSandro

SimpleSi

Add Ok button to Colour Picker

Post by SimpleSi » Jul 5th, '17, 12:43

I just don't like clicking on Xs to update values - should have an OK/Cancel option

Also it would be nice to edit rgb txt direct but obviously I can just use a colour r g b reporter so consider that a single (not double) cream request :)

JohnM

Re: Add Ok button to Colour Picker

Post by JohnM » Jul 5th, '17, 14:28

It updates the color swatch continuously as you change the color, so no need to click 'x' to make the change happen. Of course, if you're change the color parameter on a block you need to run that block to see the result. However, if the block whose color parameter is being edited is inside a running "animate" loop, you'll see the impact of the changes immediately.

SimpleSi

Post by SimpleSi » Jul 5th, '17, 15:15

Well I feel pop-up boxes should have (ok/cancel or yes/no etc ) buttons and not rely on using system X boxes to close them :)

No other dialog box I've seen so far in GP has an X in the corner

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Jul 9th, '17, 11:05

Yes, now that you point it out, the Color Picker does stand out as different from the other dialog boxes. I agree, it would be good to make it look like all the others so once you've learned one you can use all the others the same way. I'll put this on the "to do" list, although it may be a while before I get to it.