Colour of class method blocks

Request a new command, feature, or improvement

Moderator: MSandro

SimpleSi

Colour of class method blocks

Post by SimpleSi » Jul 5th, '17, 08:15

I think the colour of user defined class method blocks should be slightly different from the system ones

This is just my initial thought coming to GP for 1st time

JohnM

Re: Colour of class method blocks

Post by JohnM » Jul 5th, '17, 11:16

I've been think that all user-defined blocks should be a different color than built-in ones.

It's not clear if the two variants of user-defined blocks should be different from each other. Some versions of Scratch had slight different shade of orange for global variables, "this sprite only" variables, and list variables. You could tell the difference if you saw them side-by-side but not if you saw an orange block by itself, and I'm not sure if knowing the difference was actually helpful to anyone.

-- John

SimpleSi

Re: Colour of class method blocks

Post by SimpleSi » Jul 5th, '17, 11:49

What drew my attention was looking at this and trying to find the local class defintion of delete (grass) before working out it was a global function :)
del.PNG
Now - once someone gets used to it and remembers all the global functions then its not an issue

But treating myself as someone progressing upwards from Scratch, then that state is going to take time to reach :)

So even a slightly diff colour would help in this sort of case to give a visual hint