Crash on re sizing of Program(Win 10)[v.44]

Report bugs. Post bug workarounds or fixes

Moderator: MSandro

Rowan Ramsey

Crash on re sizing of Program(Win 10)[v.44]

Post by Rowan Ramsey » Dec 27th, '15, 18:10

When re size the window in any way it crashes. I tried dragging the window to maximize but that still crashes t. Bye, I hope this gets fixed and I also hope you have a Merry Holiday season.

Rowan Ramsey

JohnM

Re: Crash on re sizing of Program(Win 10)[v.44]

Post by JohnM » Dec 28th, '15, 20:22

Thanks for reporting this. I've definitely seen display glitches on Windows.

I think this may be an bug in the Windows version of SDL2, the graphics package that GP uses.

It's possible that GP simply needs more resources (especially graphics card memory) than other applications. You might try closing all other applications before running GP. If that works, you could try simply minimizing all other application windows.

With nothing else running, I am able to resize, maximize, un-maximize, minimize, and un-minimize the GP window without any crashes or glitches on my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10. When I opened the Windows Device manager, I started seeing strange graphics glitches in the GP window. When I closed the Device manager, the glitches went away for a bit, then came back.

My graphics "chip" is an Intel HD graphics 520 with only 1.7 gigagytes of display memory, which is not much by today's standards.

Rowan Ramsey

Re: Crash on re sizing of Program(Win 10)[v.44]

Post by Rowan Ramsey » Dec 29th, '15, 16:34

Hi, Thanks for replying so quickly. I will definitely try closing all other applications. I would also like to add that this bug stopped happening a few minutes after the program started. It might actually just be a start up kinda thing. I will test it out a little more, thanks again and have a good day.