Stage clipping bug

Report bugs. Post bug workarounds or fixes

Moderator: MSandro

bromagosa

Stage clipping bug

Post by bromagosa » Oct 27th, '15, 17:20

I found out how to reproduce this bug, but apparently it's only happening on GNU/Linux.

Create a new project, drag the default morph and drop it so that it is partially outside the stage, then resize the stage. The morph is not clipped by the stage any more and overlaps the top bar.

Here's what's happening in my machine (64b Debian) and other machines at the Citilab (32b Xubuntu):

Any new instances will follow the same behavior:

Right now I can only get it to happen on the top border, but at some point I got morphs leaking out of every border.

JohnM

Re: Stage clipping bug

Post by JohnM » Oct 27th, '15, 21:25

Thanks for the screen shots -- very clear!

Were you able to create this situation in normal (user) mode? In developer mode, dropping objects outside of the stage is allowed by design. In the default mode, it's not supposed to happen, but there may be a bug that's allowing it. I couldn't immediately reproduce the problem on Mac OS. I'll see if I can reproduce it on Linux.

bromagosa

Post by bromagosa » Oct 28th, '15, 08:31

Yes, all these screenshots were taken in user mode. It seems it only happens on Linux, same goes for the upside-down blocks and highlights bug.

I'll try the new version later today!

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Oct 29th, '15, 02:09

Thanks for the clarification. I'll see if I can reproduce this bug in user-mode in Linux.

Update: I can't reproduce in Ubuntu 14.04 (32-bit) or on Mac OS, so it seems to be system-dependent. When I try to drop a sprite outside of the stage in user mode, if the mouse cursor hot point (tip of the arrow) is over the stage, the sprite goes into the stage and gets clipped, resized, etc. If the hot point is outside the stage, I can't drop the sprite. (This is the intended behavior.)

A test you might try to to click on the "owner" block in the "Structure" category for one of these morphs that are outside the stage. The result bubble should say either <Page> or <Stage>. I would expect it to say <Page> for the morphs that are not actually embedded in the Stage; this is just verification of what seems to be happening.