Reference graphics issues on Windows

Report bugs. Post bug workarounds or fixes

Moderator: MSandro

SimpleSi

Reference graphics issues on Windows

Post by SimpleSi » Oct 7th, '17, 15:26

Following on from after-school club issues (On Windows machines) I realised one diff between what the pupils did compared to me at home - they maximised the main GP window (whereas I usually don't do that - I just stretch window out to fill most of the screen )

Anyway - today I tried maximising the window and quite a few time after switching away to other windows and then coming back to GP - I found the screen unresponsive but when I de-maximised it, the GP File Open dialog was present and causing the main window un-responsiveness

SimpleSi

Re: Reference graphics issues on Windows

Post by SimpleSi » Oct 7th, '17, 16:10

Twice now in 30 mins - display has been non-responsive when I've switched back to it (this is still in maximised mode) but became responsive after coming out of maximise mode

So that File Open Dialog hidden may be an effect not a cause

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Oct 7th, '17, 22:21

Thanks for tracking this down. Great detective work figuring out that the kids were maximizing the GP window and you weren't.

Windows does strange things with texture memory. I'm guessing that it's stealing texture memory away from GP when the GP window isn't active. Windows apps are probably supposed to handle that situation gracefully, and GP isn't. I'll try to reproduce figure out how to fix this, but it may take a while.

Meanwhile, it sounds as though you've found a work-around -- just un-maximize the window.

I suspect those file dialogs are the result of clicking on the Save or Open button when GP was in the unresponsive state.

SimpleSi

Post by SimpleSi » Oct 8th, '17, 08:40

I suspect those file dialogs are the result of clicking on the Save or Open button when GP was in the unresponsive state.
Yep

I made sure there was no File Open dialog and then waited for it to become unresponsive.

So in unresponsive state I clicked on File Open and executed dragging a block down in to scripting area

When I un-maximised the File Open was there and the block was in the scripting area

MSandro

Post by MSandro » Oct 8th, '17, 13:15

I also heave seen this a view times issue:
GP Graphic.png

SimpleSi

Post by SimpleSi » Jan 29th, '18, 14:27

Since using V0.79 - I've not experienced any loss of focus or missing information in panes using Win10 so I think this issue is now fixed :)

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Feb 9th, '18, 17:06

Hooray! Will leave this thread up for a while longer, then mark as "fixed".