can't import a class if no classes exist

Report bugs. Post bug workarounds or fixes

Moderator: MSandro

SimpleSi

can't import a class if no classes exist

Post by SimpleSi » Sep 3rd, '17, 20:40

I saved a class but didn't call it someone useful so it was was called MyClass

When I re-imported into new project - it was renamed MyClass2

I couldn't delete MyClass (said it was referenced) - therefore couldn't rename MyClass2 to MyClass

So I started new project - deleted MyClass - right-clicked but no options came up so couldn't import

(Sorry for long winded explanation)

[Got around my own problem by manual editing the .gp file and changing all mentions of MyClass to something useful and then I could import it and use it with no troubles]

JohnM

Re: can't import a class if no classes exist

Post by JohnM » Sep 11th, '17, 14:30

Thanks for the bug report.

If you've deleted all classes you can click the "+" button to the right of "Classes" to create a temporary class, use the right-click menu on that class to import your class, then delete the temporary class.

The big issue here is that you couldn't delete MyClass. The first thing you tried -- importing the class, then deleting "MyClass" -- should have worked. Then you could have renamed your imported class to anything you wanted, including "MyClass".

I've had other reports of not being able to deleted classes, and I've been able reproduce the problem, so this on my short list of but to fix.

JohnM

Re: can't import a class if no classes exist

Post by JohnM » Sep 20th, '17, 19:56

I fixed several problems that were keeping classes from being deleted in v75. Let me know if you still have problems deleting classes.