Unusable class name "list"

Report bugs. Post bug workarounds or fixes

Moderator: MSandro

SvenJ

Unusable class name "list"

Post by SvenJ » Aug 2nd, '17, 13:36

Just a tiny bug report:
Creating a new class named "list" causes the debugger to open upon selection of the class (screenshot attached).

This also occurs when an existing class is renamed to "list", and then selecting it (obviously only works in projects with more than one class).
Attachments
Screenshot from 2017-08-02 15-33-22.png

JohnM

Re: Unusable class name "list"

Post by JohnM » Aug 4th, '17, 07:51

Hi, Sven.

I couldn't reproduce this (in v72). Starting GP and then creating and selecting a class named "list" worked okay.

This could be a different bug, perhaps related to some scripts you had in that class when you renamed it, and the fact that the new class name happened to be "list" was just a coincidence. Is that possible?

SvenJ

Post by SvenJ » Aug 7th, '17, 08:40

Hey John,
just downloaded a fresh install of GP on both Windows and Ubuntu 16.04, and both of them show the same behavior:

1) Create new (empty) project
2) Create a new class named "list" (without quotation marks)
3) Debugger opens up and complains about List index being out of range. It also does this whenever I select the class named "list" after this point.

Starting GP from a terminal window gives no other output than "Halted".

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Aug 7th, '17, 21:13

Thanks! I've reproduced this.

I was able to rename an existing class to "list"; that's what I tried when I first saw this thread. I should have also tried the the first part of your post.

This is definitely a bug, of course; you should be able to create a class named "list".

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Sep 20th, '17, 19:57

Fixed in v75.