- get samples from (some sound) returns an array of all the sound samples from some sound in the project. Each number represents (roughly) the air pressure measured at a microphone, once ever 1/22050-th of a second. The numbers go positive and negative, because there is decrease in air pressure, too.
- make new sound named (string) from (some samples) lets you save samples you've created in the project.
- play samples in (array) let's you play the samples from somewhere
- mixed samples from (array) and (array) (up to four at once) will mix the samples together. Mix a C and an E and a G, and you'll get a C major chord.
- silence for (num) seconds returns an array of silence (0) samples. Good for spacing things out.
- spliced samples from (array) and (array) (up to four at once) will sequence one set of samples after the other.
- scaled by (num) samples (array) will multiply each value in array by num. Over 1.0 will increase the volume. Less than 1.0 will decrease the volume.
- sampled by step (num) from (array) -- my favorite. Returns a new array where we step through the old array as (num) increment. 1.0 is identical. 2.0 is double the frequency and half the time. 0.5 is half the frequency and double the time. -1 is perfectly reversed.
- segment of (num) seconds from (array) (optionally, with start position). Returns a portion of an array.
Extending or modifying the GP system itself (advanced!)
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
My extension for manipulating sound samples is working pretty well now. I'm sharing it here, and I'll upload some of my sample projects over in the other board.