Community Cloud Variables

Extending or modifying the GP system itself (advanced!)

Moderator: MSandro

Calloway

Community Cloud Variables

Post by Calloway » Mar 6th, '20, 00:26

Hello all, today I'll start hosting free public cloud vars since the official ones seem to be down :)

The server should be up 24/7 for the next 1-2 years and if there is enough support for this then it should be up indefinitely :D

If you would like your own account just reply with your wanted username, for now however there are two public accounts which are gp and guest. If I can find a way to add passwords I'll try making this an extension with blocks supporting a password or an api key input to use instead of relying on the honour of your fellow coders not to mess with your data...

The IP for the server is 23.96.54.212 and the port is 2002 (you shouldn't have to change anything for the port, just putting it out there...)
It's being hosted in a Microsoft Azure datacenter in Virginia, USA so I'm sorry if latency is high, however the throughput should be adequate for everyone to share (~2 Gb/s speeds).

Please don't just try and take up all storage, if this happens I'll add an auto cleaner which cleans everyones variables every 3 months.

############################
How to Install on your System #
############################

First Step:
Go into the /runtime/lib/ folder and open up CloudDataServer.gp with your favourite text editor

Second Step:
On the 9th line there should be some text saying:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1.61 KiB) Viewed 9958 times
You need to replace it with this:

Code: Select all

return '64.53.87.178'
Third Step:
Make sure when you finish that your file now looks something like this:
command.PNG
command.PNG (6.57 KiB) Viewed 9958 times

Now have fun with your new cloud variables!
Last edited by Calloway on Jun 27th, '20, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.

MSandro

Re: Community Cloud Variables

Post by MSandro » Mar 6th, '20, 08:43

Hi, thank you very much.

I have merged your pull request in the GP-Mods repository.